1. Watch were you park your cars. If you have a garage, that is best place, of course because the cold and windchill can cause glass to crack Also, the low temps following rain will cause limbs to break in trees and fall. I'm going to park my car out on the street tonight!
2. Try to prevent pipes from freezing. Probably none of us have our pipes wrapped to keep from freezing, but if you have any pipes that are close to outside walls, you might want to open cabinet doors near your sinks to let some heat in to keep them warmer.
3. Leaving water on at a trickle will keep the pipes from freezing. So, if you are really worried you might try that.
4. Check your antifreeze in your cars.
5. Close your garage! It's going to be cold enough to really cause problems. Don't let the cold in!
6. Bring your pets in! DO NOT RUN A HEATER, HEAT LAMP, LIGHT BULB or anything like that in the dog house. I have already had a client almost loose one of their properties because the neighbor did that and caught the roof on fire!
Stay safe and keep warm!