Wednesday, April 11, 2012

How do you do it?

I recently was meeting with a new client, the kind of meetings I really like to have.  This couple was a referral from a business associate, I had already meet with the wife (and the cute little 5 mos old baby), now I was meeting with Mom, Dad and Baby.  Dad asked me," how does this company do it" (in this case it was Erie).

"What do you mean I ask",   "have better coverage with a much lower price" was his reply.  I know this sounds like a commercial, I wish I had it on tape!

My simple answer was advertising. Or lack of it to be specific.  The companies I deal with have a minimal amount of advertising, especially compared to the biggies in the industry:  Gieco  at 900 million , State Farm 300 million  Allstate 500 million, and Progressive 600 million

Man that's a lot of millions!  Bottom line, there is only so much money to go around when running an insurance company.  Everybody has about the same percentage of claims expense, everybody has to pay people to work, everybody has to pay electricity to keep the office open.  Then add these advertising numbers on top of that and BADA BING BADA BOOM.  You have your bill from your insurance company.

So... I am out here on the internet trying to combat these big budgets with my free blog!  Give us a call or visit our budget website and see if I'm telling the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment